Pheniramine is a type of medication called an antihistamine, which helps relieve allergy symptoms. Pheniramine overdose occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally takes more than the normal or recommended amount of this medication.
This is for information only and not for use in the treatment or management of an actual poison exposure. If you have an exposure, you should call your local emergency number (such as 911) or the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
Note: This list may not be all inclusive.
Seek immediate medical attention. DO NOT make the person throw up unless told to do so by poison control.
Determine the following information:
The National Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) can be called from anywhere in the United States. This national hotline number will let you talk to experts in poisoning. They will give you further instructions.
This is a free and confidential service. All local poison control centers in the United States use this national number. You should call if you have any questions about poisoning or poison prevention. It does NOT need to be an emergency. You can call for any reason, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Take the container with you to the hospital, if possible.
See: Poison control center - emergency number
The health care provider will measure and monitor the patient's vital signs, including temperature, pulse, breathing rate, and blood pressure.
The patient may receive:
If the patient survives the first 24 hours,Â recovery is good.Â Few patientsÂ die from an antihistamine overdose.
Dehistine D overdose; Liqui-Histine overdose; Poly-D overdose; Poly-Histine overdose; Liqui-minic infant overdose; Triactin overdose; Triaminic infant overdose