Generic Name: Vitamin B Complex/Vitamin C/Biotin/Vitamin E/Folic Acid/Zinc
(VYE-ta-min/BYE-oh-tin/FOE-lik AS-id/zink)Brand Name:
Examples include Dialyvite 3000 and Dialyvite 5000
Dialyvite 3000 is used for:
A dietary supplement for certain patients. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Dialyvite 3000 is a vitamin and folic acid combination. It works by providing vitamins and folic acid to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Dialyvite 3000 if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Dialyvite 3000
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Dialyvite 3000 :
Some medical conditions may interact with Dialyvite 3000 . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have anemia (eg, pernicious anemia)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Dialyvite 3000 . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fluorouracil because the risk of its side effects may be increased by Dialyvite 3000
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Dialyvite 3000
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Dialyvite 3000 may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Dialyvite 3000 :
Use Dialyvite 3000 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Dialyvite 3000 by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you are also taking a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, doxycycline), do not take it within 2 hours before or after taking Dialyvite 3000 . Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions.
- If you miss a dose of Dialyvite 3000 , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dialyvite 3000 .
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) unless directed by your doctor.
- Dialyvite 3000 contains pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and folic acid. Before you start any medicine, check the label to see if it has pyridoxine or folic acid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Dialyvite 3000 may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Dialyvite 3000 .
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you plan on becoming pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Dialyvite 3000 while you are pregnant. It is not known if Dialyvite 3000 is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Dialyvite 3000 , check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Dialyvite 3000 :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with Dialyvite 3000 . Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); decreased coordination; decreased sensation of touch, temperature, or vibration; numbness or tingling of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include confusion; decreased coordination; mental or mood changes; numbness or tingling of the hands or feet.Proper storage of Dialyvite 3000 :
Store Dialyvite 3000 at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Dialyvite 3000 out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Dialyvite 3000 , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Dialyvite 3000 is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Dialyvite 3000 . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Centrum Detailed Consumer Information (PDR)
- Dolomite Natural MedFacts for Professionals (Wolters Kluwer)
- Dolomite Natural MedFacts for Consumers (Wolters Kluwer)
- Hemocyte Plus Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)