Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel
Generic Name: Lidocaine
(L Y E-doe-cane)Brand Name:
Solarcaine Aloe Extra
Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel is used for:
Temporarily relieving pain and itching associated with minor cuts, skin scrapes, minor burns (including sunburn), minor skin irritation, and insect bites.
Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel is an anesthetic. It works by preventing nerves from transmitting painful impulses to the brain.
Do NOT use Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel or to similar medications (eg, amide-type local anesthetics)
- there are signs of infection (eg, oozing, warmth, pain) or tissue damage in the affected area
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel:
Some medical conditions may interact with Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, dizziness) to any anesthetic medicine
- if you have heart, liver, or kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Amiodarone, beta-blockers (eg, atenolol), cimetidine, or mexiletine because side effects, such as sluggishness, confusion, slow breathing, low blood pressure, or slow heartbeat, may occur
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel:
Use Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Wash and completely dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel to the affected area. Gently rub the medicine in until it is evenly distributed.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel is for external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, wash out the eye at once with water or saline and protect it until the numbness is gone.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area, unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel.
Important safety information:
- Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel may cause a numbing effect at the application site. Do not scratch, rub, or expose the area to extreme hot or cold temperatures until the numbness is gone.
- Use caution when applying Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel over large areas.
- Do not use more medicine, apply more often, or use for longer than prescribed. Your condition will not improve faster, but the risk of side effects may be increased.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel while you are pregnant. It is not known if Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Redness or swelling at the application site.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); excessive irritation; signs of infection in the affected area (eg, warmth, oozing, pain).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel:
Store Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Discard unused medicine and packaging in the trash out of the reach of children and pets.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Solarcaine Aloe Extra Gel. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.