Tixylix toddler syrup (Glycerol)
How does it work?
Tixylix toddler syrup contains glycerol as the active ingredient. It is used to relieve a dry, tickly cough.
The syrup works by coating the back of the throat, producing a soothing effect. It may also offer some protection to the throat from irritants such as smoke or dust particles.
What is it used for?
- Dry, tickly coughs in children.
How much do I give?
- Children aged 3 months to under 1 year can be given one 5ml spoonful three to four times a day.
- Children aged 1 to 5 years can be given two 5ml spoonfuls three to four times a day.
- Carefully follow the dosage instructions provided with this medicine. Do not exceed the recommended dose. The medicine should be administered carefully using the spoon or measuring device supplied to make sure the child does not receive more than the maximum dose.
- If your child has any of the following symptoms you should consult your doctor so that the cough can be investigated further: coughing up phlegm that is green, rusty brown, yellow, blood-stained or foul smelling; asthma; shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing; sudden weight loss; recurrent night-time cough; or a long-term persistent cough.
- If symptoms persist for longer than three days consult your doctor.
Not to be used in
- Babies under three months of age.
This medicine should not be used if your child is allergic to any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if your child has previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel your child has experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
How can this medicine affect other medicines?
This medicine does not affect any other medicines.
Other medicines containing the same active ingredient
|Benylin children's apple flavour cough syrup ||Benylin children's tickly coughs ||Calcough infant syrup |
|Tixylix baby syrup|| |