Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid
Pseudoephedrine (soo-doe-e-FED-rin)Brand Name:
Examples include Children's Sudafed and Tylenol Simply Stuffy
Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid is used for:
Relieving congestion due to colds, flu, and allergies. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid is a decongestant. It works by reducing swelling and constricting blood vessels in the nasal passages, allowing you to breathe more easily.
Do NOT use Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid
- you are taking furazolidone or have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) in the last 14 days
- you have severe high blood pressure, severe heart blood vessel disease, a rapid heartbeat, or severe heart problems
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid:
Some medical conditions may interact with Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of heart problems, diabetes, glaucoma, an enlarged prostate or other prostate problems, adrenal gland problems, high blood pressure, seizures, stroke, blood vessel problems, or an overactive thyroid
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Rauwolfia derivatives (eg, reserpine) because the effectiveness of Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid may be decreased
- Beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), cocaine, furazolidone, indomethacin, methyldopa, MAO inhibitors (eg, phenelzine), oxytocic medicines (eg, oxytocin), rauwolfia derivatives (eg, reserpine), or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the actions and side effects of Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid may be increased
- Bromocriptine, catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) inhibitors (eg, entacapone), digoxin, or droxidopa because the actions and side effects of these medicines may be increased
- Guanadrel, guanethidine, mecamylamine, methyldopa, or reserpine because its effectiveness may be decreased by Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid:
Use Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid with food, water, or milk to minimize stomach irritation.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid and are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid.
Important safety information:
- Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid may cause dizziness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid. Using Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 7 days or if you develop a high fever, check with your doctor.
- If you have trouble sleeping, ask your pharmacist or doctor about the best time to take Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid.
- Do not take diet or appetite control medicines while you are taking Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid.
- Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid contains pseudoephedrine. Before you begin taking any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, read the ingredients to see if it also contains pseudoephedrine. If it does or if you are uncertain, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- Diabetes patients - Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely and ask your doctor before adjusting the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Use Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid with caution in the ELDERLY because they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Use Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 2 years of age. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid during pregnancy. It is unknown if Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Difficulty urinating; dizziness; headache; nausea; nervousness; restlessness; sleeplessness; stomach irritation.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include confusion; hallucinations; irregular or unusually slow or rapid heartbeat; rapid breathing; seizures.Proper storage of Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid:
Store Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Tylenol Simply Stuffy Liquid. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Cenafed Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information
- Entex Consumer Overview
- Sudafed Consumer Overview