Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex
Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex (koe-AG-yoo-lant)Brand Name:
Feiba VH Immuno
Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex is used for:
Controlling bleeding episodes or bleeding during surgery in certain patients with hemophilia. It should not be used to treat patients with other bleeding disorders. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex is a clotting factor. It works by correcting the clotting defect, which allows blood clots to form.
Do NOT use Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex
- you have normal blood clotting
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex :
Some medical conditions may interact with Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems, certain blood conditions other than hemophilia (eg, acquired fibrinolytic bleeding), blood clots, or disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), or you are undergoing surgery
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex . However, no specific interactions with Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex :
Use Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex is usually administered as an injection at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic. If you are using Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex at home, carefully follow the injection procedures taught to you by your health care provider.
- If Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex contains particles or is discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged in any way, do not use it.
- To use Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex , warm both vials to room temperature.
- Do not shake Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex .
- Do not use Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex beyond the expiration date on the container.
- Any leftover medicine or supples used with Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex should be placed in a plastic bag and disposed of as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and away from pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials.
- If you miss a dose of Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex , contact your doctor immediately.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex .
Important safety information:
- Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex . Using Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex is prepared from human blood. Products made from human blood may contain viruses or other agents that can cause disease. Many steps are taken by the manufacturer to minimize the risk for transmission of viruses in Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex . Despite these steps, the transmission of viruses can still rarely occur.
- LAB TESTS, including blood pressure monitoring and platelet counts, may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Use Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex with extreme caution in NEWBORNS. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex during pregnancy. If you are or will be breastfeeding while you are using Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex , check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); change in heart rate; chest pain; chills; cough; dark urine; difficulty swallowing; dizziness; drowsiness; fatigue; fever; flushing; headache; joint pain; nausea; poor appetite; runny nose; stomach pain; vomiting; weakness; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex :
Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex is usually handled and stored by a health care provider. If you are using Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex at home, store Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex as directed by your pharmacist or health care provider. Keep Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex , please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex . If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- anti-inhibitor coagulant complex injectable Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)