Certain Dri Solution
Generic Name: Aluminum Chloride
Examples include Certain Dri and Drysol
Certain Dri Solution is used for:
Treating excess perspiration (sweating) problems.
Certain Dri Solution is an antiperspirant. It is thought to work by altering the sweat-producing cells in the body.
Do NOT use Certain Dri Solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Certain Dri Solution
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Certain Dri Solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Certain Dri Solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Certain Dri Solution. However, no specific interactions with Certain Dri Solution are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Certain Dri Solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Certain Dri Solution:
Use Certain Dri Solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Certain Dri Solution is to be used only at bedtime because sweat glands are most inactive during sleep. This allows application for 6 to 8 hours when sweating does not occur.
- Do not apply to broken, irritated, or recently shaved skin.
- Wash and completely dry the affected area. Using a hair dryer on a warm setting for a few minutes can help ensure dry skin.
- Assemble the applicator according to package instructions. Some packages provide an applicator; others instruct you to use cotton balls.
- For underarms - To minimize irritation, let the alcohol evaporate (if needed, blow dry with a hair dryer on a cold air setting), leaving an evenly distributed film of medicine on the skin. Wear a T-shirt while sleeping to prevent the medicine from being rubbed off on bed linens.
- For hands or feet - Apply Certain Dri Solution to both palms or soles. Let the alcohol evaporate, leaving a thin film on the skin. Cover the treated area with plastic wrap held in place by a mitten, cotton glove, or sock to prevent the medicine from being rubbed off on bed linens during sleep. Do not use tape.
- For scalp - Apply Certain Dri Solution evenly to the scalp. Let the alcohol evaporate, leaving a thin film on the skin. Wear a plastic shower cap to keep the medicine from being rubbed off during sleep.
- Wash the treated area the next morning thoroughly with soap or shampoo to remove excess medicine and prevent skin irritation. Towel dry the skin or scalp.
- Do not use other deodorants or antiperspirants while using Certain Dri Solution.
- Repeat use of Certain Dri Solution for 2 or 3 nights until the desired lack of sweating is achieved. After that, usually once or twice a week should maintain the desired effect.
- Avoid contact with your eyes. If contact occurs, wash eyes thoroughly with water.
- If you miss a dose of Certain Dri Solution and you are using it regularly, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Certain Dri Solution.
Important safety information:
- Avoid contact of Certain Dri Solution with cotton fabrics or metals.
- Do not use near open flame.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Certain Dri Solution while you are pregnant. It is not known if Certain Dri Solution is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Certain Dri Solution, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Certain Dri Solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Temporary burning, itching, prickling, or tingling in treated areas.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center (http://www.aapcc.org), or emergency room immediately. Certain Dri Solution may be harmful if swallowedProper storage of Certain Dri Solution:
Store Certain Dri Solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep the cap tightly closed when not in use to prevent evaporation. Keep Certain Dri Solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Certain Dri Solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Certain Dri Solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Certain Dri Solution. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.